Where did I stay? I lived in a Luxury apartment hotel called The Place and I loved it, it was the most amazing apartment by the Duomo, in the city center! You receive complimentary wifi and breakfast and of course they come and clean the room everyday.
Where to shop? The area around the Duomo is filled with shops, you can just stroll around and come across great shops like Zara, Zara Home and Massimo Dutti, they have an amazing selection of the collections that we could only dream of in Sweden so those stores are definitely worth a visit or two! Better prices too.
Milano probably has the best shopping in Europe, the clothes go directly from catwalk into the stores! In my opinion you should go to the so called ‘Quadrilatero d’Oro‘ the so called ‘Rectangle of gold’. Mark these streets on your map:
1. Via della spiga: I love this street, it is so cozy, full with old buildings, flowers and small trees, creating an amazing genuine feeling. You get so much inspiration by just walking on this street!
2. Via Sant’Andrea: Great street full with stores like: Miu Miu, Missoni, Chanel, Barbara Bui, Hermès and Gianfranco Ferré. This street is much more airy than Via della spiga but still very cosy!
3. Via Montenapoleone: Here you can find Prada woman, Ralph Lauren, Alberta Ferretti, Sergio Rossi, La Perla, Bottega Veneta to name a few.
4. Gallerie Vittorio Emanuele II: One of the world’s first malls, it is absolutely gorgeous, located just by the big Duomo. A visit here is a must. You probably won’t miss it though, it is really hard to miss..
Other places you can’t miss?
1. Patrizia Pepe: One of my favourite designers that I always shop when I am abroad. They have stores on Via Manzioni 38 and Via Brera/Via Pontaccio.
2. 10 Corso Como: I am so bummed that I didn’t have the time to go here during my last trip to Milan but it is on my number 1 prio list when I go back! An amazing concept store full of breath taking fashion!
3. Lipstick vintage: Are you looking for great vintage, then you should check out Lipstick vintage on Corso Garibaldi 79.
Where to eat the most delicious ice cream?
1. GROM: Located on Via Santa Margherita, 16. All I can say is; SMAZING gelato!
2. Shockolat: Located on Via Boccaccio, 9. This gelato is superb!
Where do I find delicious food?
1. Osteria del corso: Located on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 75. We went here for dinner and I highly recommend it. A great buzz, it is alway super full, great pasta and service! I will difinitely come back!
2. Bvlgari Hotel & Resort: Located on Via Privata Fratelli Gabba, 7b. They have an amazing garden where you can sit in tranquility and eat an amazing lunch! I had their risotto with 150 month old parmeggiano reggiano, lovely. Beautiful place to sit and talk for hours, I will be back!
3. Convivium: I loved this place on Via Ponte Vetero, 21. We went here for lunch and I love the atmosphere in this restaurant! The staff is amazing and makes you feel at home as soon as you enter! A great place for lunch when you are craving a delicious pasta!
Waiting for my risotto at Bvlgari Hotel & Resort
4. Caffe Baglioni: Are you shopping in the rectangle of gold and feeling in the mood to grab a bite? Then you should visit this super cozy and luxurious caffe located on Via Senato 5.
5. Luini Panzerotti: Are you looking for a quick delicious bite? In the mood of the italian specialty Panzerotti? Then you should go to Luini Panzerotti located on Via S. Radegonda 16. Delicious fast food!
6. Da Maruzzella: This is the restaurant for you in the mood to eat a delicious italian pizza! Located on Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan, 3. Nothing too fancy, just an amazing pizza! But be sure to book a table, this place is crowded!
7. 10 Corso Como: Great place to go and grab a drink before you head out in the italian nightlife!
I hope you will enjoy my little Milano guide! xoxoTags: guide, hotel, luxury apartments, Milano, The Place, weekend